Friday, August 21, 2009

Wildlife

These are a few scenes Tim captured in our greenspace (I don't think you can really call it a yard) the other day. That's the backside of a rather large cockroach protruding from the lizard's mouth. Makes me sad to think of what lizards have to go through, but he seemed to enjoy it enough. I'm glad somebody likes those nasty creatures!

exquisite moth

Doesn't this look like candy?

And because what entry is complete without a glimpse of our favorite species, here's our sweet boy. He and I are learning a new rhythm to our days now that sister is in school and brother is napping well. This child is a joy to be with. He melted my heart one morning in the kitchen this week by saying, "You're the bestest mommy." But another time he said, "I don't always love you, because I not like the construction man with dirt all over him." Who knows what kind of connections are going on in that little mind, but he is so CUTE and conversations with him are so much fun.

His speech is becoming more sophisticated every day, so I'm trying to enjoy all the funny things he says and the sweet mispronunciations (like when he talks about "A-mek-a-wa"- America). He loves to play pwince, pi-wate, work-ew, knight, sold-iew, or whatever Emmy tells him to play:). He has a fascination with all things destructive and is rarely without a stick; in fact, a memorable recent quote, heard out of the blue, was "All kinds of weapons...". He has a big, silly personality, and he loves to makes us laugh with his antics and crazy expressions. He'll come marching into a room with his chest puffed out, head held high with a proud silly look on his face, and march around until he can't keep a straight face any longer. I love this little gift!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Those are amazing shots. What a zoom lense you must have! A nice Asa update too. He's pronunciations are adorable.

Brea said...

Sweet Asa...we really miss him! Thanks for the fun update. I'm long overdue on a Brennan update.

That lizard photo REALLY grossed me out, but the other two are lovely.

Christy said...

Darling Asa Boy, how we wish we got to hear your adorable chatter in person.

I'm really glad you explained that first photo. I sat staring at it for the longest time before reading. My skin is now crawling off my body and hiding under the bed.

Anonymous said...

love the bugs & Asa!

Melanie said...

That moth is awesome. You can hardly see it. It's like God made that one just for Him to look at!

I love how you describe Asa. You are perfect at describing him for us far away. Hug everyone for me!