Her first day was brimming with excitement. Up at 6:10, a bowl of oatmeal, the whole family loaded up for the big event. We had a rough night with Julian the night before, so we were a bit bleary, but excited...such is family life! Emmy was giddy with anticipation, and oh so adorable in her uniform!


Lining up outside the classroom. She's one of two native English speakers in her class. And she still has a height advantage. I pray that some of these children will be kindred spirits for her.
Heading in with a backward smile...no hesitation, no fear on her face, no tears. Thank goodness, for both of us. That would have been hard!The day was very quiet here at home. True story: I was sitting at the table with Asa after we got home, and I said, "So, what do you want to do this morning?" He answered, in that deliberate and deep little voice, "Play ponies". I think he's realizing his new, unfettered access to sister's things- the first morning he plundered the ponies, a tea set, and all the play food!
4 comments:
Way to go, Emmy! (and Mommy!) Love the pictures of Em in her uniform. Continuing to pray for you all
Thank you for posting so quickly! I've been dying for an update. Emmy looks like a spectacular school girl in her uniform - love it! I wish my schools growing up had had uniforms ... that would have saved me some angst.
OK, real question ... does Miss Kim have legs? I mean, it looks like she must just be kneeling down by Emmy, but for the life of me I can't see where her legs have gone. (and if for some reason she doesn't have legs, I hope my question isn't horribly insensitive - she makes a lovely legless person)
Yeah, Emmy! I hope you're really enjoying school and will learn lots and lots this year! You do look so grown up in your school uniform!
I hope you're enjoying the time at home with your boys, Rhi!
Oh, that Christy! I didn't even consider the fact that Miss Kim might be legless until Christy brought it up!
Yeah, thanks for letting us know. Kim is a great woman. I have spent time with her and Catherine already. God has blessed Emmy with a wonderful teacher who has a true heart for God! Love you, miss you.
Post a Comment