Sunday, August 09, 2009

Contemplating Tomorrow

.
She starts school tomorrow morning, bright and early. It's bittersweet; the end of an era, the beginning of an era. I'm so excited for her, because it's clearly time. But we will miss her. I'm praying that she makes lots of friends and will bubble over with all the things she'll learn. I'm praying that we'll quickly find a good rhythm to our days here at home, and her time away will only enhance her time here with us. The days will be different without her constant storyline narration, her prancing and hopping, everything that makes her Emmy. She's such a bright spot, and has been an ever-present sparkle in my life for the last 6 years...

Whew, she's growing up quickly.
Lord, please give me the grace to embrace it.

This guy is going to miss his constant playmate. I don't know how he'll react. I know we'll have a lot more princes, knights and sol-diews, more dragons to slay and bad men to defeat. Less polly pockets and princesses. I think Mommy will be on call a lot more when he says, "I need a fwiend!"

This guy will just have to work on filling those shoes. He's sitting pretty well (pictures to come) and I know it won't be long until he's toddling around and we'll have two stick wielding, digger driving dragon slayers running around. Hard to imagine being home with two boys...

I love these children and I love the life God has given us, right now.

8 comments:

Brea said...

Oh, dear, they do grow up so quickly. I wouldn't blame you if you cried your eyes out, but I know that this will ultimately be a wonderful change for Emmy and for your family. Praying for you all as you adjust and grow and learn new and wonderful lessons (educational and otherwise!).

We look forward to seeing some first day of school pictures soon!

Kim said...

Well, you are sleeping right now, but in 2 hrs you'll be getting up for that ever important first day of school...Emmy wide eyed and donning her ICS Uniform! We are so excited for her! It will be great and that is such a fun place to be. We will pray for all the transitions taking place this week. And...I wish we were sitting at the Japanese restuarant with y'all. Those restaurants were some of our favorite outings.

Christi said...

Aww... you about made made ME cry! What sweet little ones you have. They do grow up fast, which I'm sure will just become more and more apparent to me in the coming years. Continue to enjoy them and all the newness and goodness that comes with them at each stage of their lives.

Christy said...

Thinking about you, Emmy, as you'll be sitting in that big 1st grade desk in mere hours. And in a uniform! How exciting and fancy! Wish I could join you for a cup of after school Earl Grey to hear all about it.

Crystal said...

Praying right now for you and Emmy! Can't wait to see pics!
It was great chatting with you...miss you and love you all very much...

Jean Joiner said...

great post...what beautiful children you have!

Melanie said...

Emmy! I hope you make great friends and have a wonderful time at school. Rhianna, what a sweet post. Miss you and so glad to hear how you are finding gratitude in each day. Wish I could kiss the cheeks of those cute kids through the computer!

Becky said...

Oh! We love you all and miss you already! School and pre-going to school pics are great, as usual! Adorable. Can't wait to catch up.
love the bronsons;)