I finally documented our newest milestone. He's still a bit wobbly, but is enjoying a new vantage point. I felt the need to get every angle for the enjoyment of his grandparents, so bear with us...
He has the sweetest crinkly-nose smile. This is not its full glory, but a mere hint. Tim calls him a 'smile dispenser', as you've only to look at him and you find yourself basking in his sweet grin. On the flip side, he also has a shriek that is a force to be reckoned with, and is known to wake directly from a silent slumber into a piercing scream. He's not big on alone time, and is by far the happiest when he's in our arms or in a sling. So we do a lot of both, but are also working on his ability to sit or lie somewhere and let us do important things like get dressed and make meals.
oops!Update on big sister: The first week of school was splendid. She has pronounced it "bunches of fun", and spent a good part of this afternoon trying to convince me that school on Saturdays was a good idea. She was aglow on Friday because she made two new friends. One is from India and the other from Australia. I wonder if she'll pick up any new accent quirks?
Wednesday was Thai Mother's Day (the queen's birthday), and we went to our friends' home for a cookout (thank you Dave and Jan; it was great fun!). We encountered this scene on the way, and, happily, had our camera with us...
I love this picture because it's such a jumble of Bangkok- cars (everywhere, always!), motorcycles (everywhere, always!) and the occasional elephant. In fact, the kids and I were walking home from visiting a friend in the neighborhood next to ours tonight, and we stood in awe of an elephant walking right by our neighborhood. Its master was selling sugar cane to feed to it, but we didn't have any money, so we just watched. Like Samwise Gamgee, I love a sighting of one of these magnificent animals. However, it always does make me sad to see their big feet trodding cement when they should be traipsing through the jungle. It's not the ideal life for them, in any number of ways.
But, on a happy note, I just love this picture 'cause I love these guys...

Wednesday was Thai Mother's Day (the queen's birthday), and we went to our friends' home for a cookout (thank you Dave and Jan; it was great fun!). We encountered this scene on the way, and, happily, had our camera with us...
I love this picture because it's such a jumble of Bangkok- cars (everywhere, always!), motorcycles (everywhere, always!) and the occasional elephant. In fact, the kids and I were walking home from visiting a friend in the neighborhood next to ours tonight, and we stood in awe of an elephant walking right by our neighborhood. Its master was selling sugar cane to feed to it, but we didn't have any money, so we just watched. Like Samwise Gamgee, I love a sighting of one of these magnificent animals. However, it always does make me sad to see their big feet trodding cement when they should be traipsing through the jungle. It's not the ideal life for them, in any number of ways.But, on a happy note, I just love this picture 'cause I love these guys...

6 comments:
What a fun post, Rhianna! So many fun things are happening! Let me just say....miss emmy is so blessed to be an MK and to be going to an international school...she is learning so many wonderful things! And Julian is so big and sitting up on his own...and I'm sure Asa is taking over while Emmy is gone... Rhianna, can you put bricks on their heads to make them stop growing?!?
Hey! Fun post! JuJu is such a big boy, as everyday seems to be a new milestone. I'm glad Emmy had a fun week at school. (I also laughed at your point towards Sam Gamgee and his admiration for oliphants... its nearly time to again pick up those grand adventures as soon as fall graces us..)
hooray for sitting up! i love the stage between that and crawling!
Oh my, Julian looks so big! I was shocked by how old he looked to me suddenly, and he's only getting more and more handsome (amazing! he was beautiful from the first day!) So proud of you sitting up, sweet boy!
All I can say is what a CUTIE PIE!!! Sure wish I could kiss his sweet face; guess I'll have to content myself with kissing Nate's instead. I'll kiss Nate for you if you kiss Ju for me! :)
My Bloglines just updated all of your last 4 posts at once--I feel like I've missed so much! I can't believe that Emmy has lost all 4 front teeth already. She looks like such a big girl, and her uniform is adorable. I am so glad that she is enjoying school so much and know that she's going to keep loving it.
Asa looks so big, also! How cute that he immediately realized that he'd miss Emmy...but her toys were still there :-)
And Julian is sitting--wow! Goodness, how time flies! It's so wonderful to see all of you enjoying your life in Thailand so much. We miss you here but seeing what a great experience this is for all of you helps.
Post a Comment