A jar was found, and I tried to explain that I think lizards generally nap mid-afternoon, thus it would be best to wait until evening for the big hunt. But she was undeterred; it had to be now. So the hunt was on...

Mommy was right. There were simply no lizards about in the heat of the day. Reluctantly, it was decided to wait until after supper...
when Daddy could assist. True to form, Daddy was on the job. We turned on outside lights to draw them, and they really do come out of the woodwork at night, scurrying all about. Tim later mused that the neighbors must have thought him crazy with his orange butterfly-shaped net and straw broom, pouncing on the evasive little guys. They hunted for a full 45 minutes, all over the neighborhood. Bedtime came and went, and it began to rain. Tim is such a trooper.
But it was all for naught. Here is a disappointed little girl. Those critters are so FAST! But now Daddy is determined, and the hunt will be continued...PS- Truly one of the most entertaining aspects of having a 3 year old is her ability to make some of her own wardrobe decisions. It really is such fun!

4 comments:
Awww. Too bad. Tim sure does remind me of Rob, though. Sounds like something he'd do - goin' on a lizard hunt! Gonna catch a big one!
As always, love checking in on you guys. Take care!
Love,
Amy, Scott and Ella
Good luck in your quest for a pet lizard, Emmy! Hey, don't you already have some pet lizards in your house? :)
I had a pet lizard in Brazil. I even kept a bunch of lizard eggs I found under a light hoping in vain that they'd hatch a skad of babies for me to raise. Keep the dream alive ....
I love this entire post. I love that it's such a great story that you will look back on in a few years and not only remember Emmy's 3 year old days, but what a fun memory of Thailand.
I'm a friend of Lisa Huggins and also go to Hixson Pres, one of your supporting churches. I really enjoy your blog and check it regularly. :)
Post a Comment