Friday, May 25, 2007

Faith and Music

I took a trip downtown last week, with some friends, to the Thai Faith and Music Foundation. They provide training for those desiring to study classical Thai instruments and dance. The foundation exists to teach Thai Christians traditional art forms that can be used as they minister among their people. There might be an opportunity for a few of us to study there in the future. Here's a clip of some of the musicians and a woman performing traditional Thai dance. ~Tim


2 comments:

Brea said...

That's really neat, Tim, and that would be perfect for you, considering that you're able to learn how to play just about any musical instrument known to man!

The Wyatts said...

Very cool video! I remember seeing a very similar thing in Korea and it reminded me that the Gospel transcends culture. We hope you catch that lizard, and please drink and ice-milo for me. Oh how I yearn! They sell Milo here now, but I just can't make it the same as the street vendors. - Justin