Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter from Thailand

When I look at this picture, I think we look far more with it than we actually are. This was not our most Martha Stewart Easter, what with the jet lag and fierce perspiration and all, but we managed to get dressed and to church, and it was a joy to see our friends there and celebrate Christ's resurrection.

We're feeling a little more normal every day, but transition is challenging. The kids have been up in the middle of the night hungry (also, Asa was scared of his air conditioner, sweet thing), and we have been in a bit of a fog. It's really hot here, and that makes one lethargic. I'm also very uninterested in cooking. If not for the children, I'd be happy to survive on Italian chocolate for the present.

We were greeted with much love by our wonderful friends. Signs, streamers and balloons, a sparkling clean house (with all of our things in it- hooray!), dinner, food in the fridge- we were so thankful and humbled by their service to us. We are very blessed with our community here.

And speaking of community, just look at this pool party! Big fun for the kiddos. Emmy and PJ are SOOO happy to be together again and have picked up right where they left off. I went outside today at the Henry's and found PJ sprawled out (an injured tiger), and Emmy was at the pool finding water for him in the desert before he perished. Asa, meanwhile, was making sure no one touched his water guns, as a good 2-year old should. (It's Songkran, by the way- the Thai holiday that involves copious amounts of water. We had buckets full of water thrown at us as we drove today, and everyone has a bucket or a water gun...)

And our little drummer on Easter morning at church...he makes his daddy proud...

A word about protests and riots- things are quiet where we are. The unrest seems to be located in a pretty small area of downtown. It's certainly disturbing, and we're praying for peace and hearts that are opened to God's love.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah! How wonderful to see you all thriving as well as one could thrive just days in. I just wanted to add that I can see my old plant in one picture...that was fun!

Brea said...

Those pictures of Asa are adorable, and swimming looks like so much fun! So glad Emmy and PJ are enjoying each other. I hope all the water fights will help keep you cool! Love ya'll and miss you!

Jean Joiner said...

What fun photos. Good to see you all there and doing well.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and I am so glad to see that you guys made it back with such a wonderful welcome!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Easter pictures! We're praying for you all as you continue to adjust back to Thailand. I hope your children get their days and nights back in the right time zone soon. :-)

Betsy Huey said...

Welcome home! We miss you at Intown, but are glad to hear you are getting settled into a routine.

Grace and peace,
Betsy

Christy said...

Missing you already, but it's so fun to see you all looking so lovely and being cared for by your Thai friends (even if no spinach dip is involved). The pictures of Asa drumming are beautiful! And that looks like one fun pool! I'd like one for the back yard.

Anonymous said...

Glad you folks made it back safely. Tim have you got the photos you took at Patti and Ellie's?

Give those kids a hug for me.
Andy Estes

abbie said...

glad you had a nice welcome! and glad to hear you had a happy Easter. I love the pics. What a cute drummer!