A few pictures from a ceramics workshop Tim did at Covenant College recently. He taught them to do raku, an ancient Japanese firing technique (if you clicked the hyperlink to learn more about raku firing, I'm highly impressed with your love for learning:). As you can see, it was quite an exciting time...

He is just too cool. The other day I asked him if he wished he'd married an artist, and he replied, "You are an artist. You work in dough and chocolate." What a guy.
4 comments:
Very cool! My good friend (wife of the OTHER Tim Mills) gave me a gift certificate for pottery lessons/studio time at Mudfire Gallery & Studio, so I'm going to have to take advantage of that soon. I've wanted to learn to throw for years.
What a sweet comment by Tim. This is a fun post. It is very resourceful pottery making. Tim will have to fire one up on the soi!
I agree with Tim, you are a master artist of dough and chocolate which we are all thankful for! Love seeing Tim in his element.
How sweet. :-) We'll be praying for your safe travel on Tuesday!
Post a Comment