We had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating our girl. I think never is the passage and the sweetness of time more stark than on a little one's birthday. What a privilege it has been to care for this life over the past 5 years. She is truly a gift from God.
We had a family day and went to the Bangkok Children's Museum. It's always an adventure traveling anywhere by car in Bangkok, but this one had a happy ending and all went relatively smoothly. We even were able to find a Mexican restaurant in that part of town that we've heard about for two years. What a treat that was! The owner is from Texas and brings in Dr. Pepper, so Tim was a happy man, and the food was amazing. All in all, a day to be remembered and one Emmy says was her "best birthday ever". Bearing in mind that she often makes such superlative comments, we were still thankful for the happiness of our girl. And thank you to all of you who went to the effort to send cards and gifts and loving emails to her; it's such fun for a child to have a concrete way to see that others celebrate her, and she loved everything.
The look on her face upon opening this was priceless, Granna and Papa Jeff! I don't think she knew such wonderful things existed in the world!
A big girl bike from all of us- with streamers! We also gave her some great books, and we've already begun Black Beauty. We have lots of wonderful things to read now, and she asked me to read her a chapter first thing this morning when she awoke.
And here's our boy with Belle's father. When he saw this statue, he said, "Paw Paw", and if you know my Daddy, you'll know why. We laughed so much about this!
The birthday cake- I was responsible for the culinary aspect, but as you all know, Tim was responsible for the aesthetics!







6 comments:
That is so awesome. I loved every picture. Thanks for posting all about her. I especially love the hello kitty cake. I'm going to keep that one in mind for Rachel. :)
I didn't realize that y'all had never made it to the Mexican restaurant yet. I knew you tried once but I guess I thought you tried again and were successful. I'm glad you found it an will now have a little place for treats. I love the play area there and the big iguanas. It is such a fun place. Great pictures and it looks like a wonderful birthday.
Rhi-
what a GREAT day you all had! I, too, am impressed with the cake. So glad her day was so fun-filled...and what a true blessing our children are. Praising God with you on another year with Emmy.
happy birthday emmy love patrick
Patrick just typed that whole thing (with a bit of help from me). Happy 5th birthday, Emmy! It sounds like it was a wonderful day. The cake looked wonderful!
The BEST! What a wondeful description of your day and your sweet Jewel.
I was thinking about a kitty cake for Andrew's #2, but now I'm intimidated. :-)
Happy birthday, Sweet Emmy! It sounds like a WONDERFUL day in every respect! You are a special girl!
Love,
John, Brea and Brennan
Post a Comment