
We took a day today to travel to Khao Yai (which means "big mountain") National Park, about 3 hours north of Bangkok, with our friends and teammates Rachel, Preston and Melanie. It was a long but fun day with a packed van and tired children. We hiked to an overlook of a beautiful 3- tiered waterfall, which is behind us, unseen, in this picture. It was really spectacular, and just good to be outside in creation. And we were rewarded on the way home with a visit to
Chok Chai Dairy Farm for a big cheeseburger and milkshake!

May I brag on our children just for a moment? Thanks. Our Emmy was a great hiker, braving some rough terrain and complaining very little. But what's even more impressive is the way she stood still on the trail several times as whoever happened to be following her at the moment removed
leeches from her shoes or legs. Now that's a big girl! They were nasty persistent little creatures in the wet, muddy environment today, and we all found a few in the course of our hike. And Melanie got a big splinter in her head from a scary thorny hanging branch, but that's another story.

And Asa Bear's accomplishment today: using his first Thai style (in the floor, flush with a bucket) potty. Never a dull moment for these children!
4 comments:
wow, what troopers! I know Rob & Sydney would love to hike that with y'all. LEACHES! Ug,no fun.
You guys are having some big adventures! Aside from the leeches, it sounds like a blast. Can we go to Khao Yai the next time we visit?
That is very big and brave of Emmy. Kudos to Asa with the squatty.
AHHHHHH! LEECHES!!!! Emmy gets 10,000 points. And here I was thinking I was all big and bad because I trapped a huge roach under a bowl without screaming. And I'm way impressed with Asa's mulitcultural potty skills as well.
Looks like an amazing place. So glad you had such a lovely day!
Post a Comment