Tim's mom, or Granna, as she is known to those little people who love her best, once again braved the 24 hours of travel to visit us. She left almost a month ago, so these pictures are sadly out of date, but I'm posting them for posterity. We were able to do some really special things while she was here, and here are LOTS of pictures (with a wee bit of commentary...):First to Khao Keow, the open zoo that we love...



Now Emmy's preschool summer party...

Then off to the beach for a few days. We went to Hua Hin, the oldest beach resort in Thailand, only about 3 hours away by car.


We had the fun of celebrating Granna's birthday while we were at the beach. Funny story: we had her birthday dinner at a pizza place and had birthday cake after. After we had sung and were enjoying our cake, we heard the music playing over the loudspeaker..."Have yourself a merry little Christmas...." So Granna had herself a merry little birthday!
We had a girls' afternoon excursion to the Jim Thompson House, former home of American expatriate (JT) who revitalized the Thai silk industry in the 1950s and 60's, then disappeared mysteriously while on holiday in Malaysia in 1967. His home is gorgeous, traditionally Thai, and filled with amazing Thai art treasures.


And Granna gave our friend Pii Niam a run for her money in an international air hockey game at the Tesco Lotus play area. This place is crazy but fun, especially if you're under 12 and have a high tolerance for chaos.Thank you for coming to see us, Granna, and here's to many more Thailand adventures!




2 comments:
Thanks for sharing these. I was relieved to read that bitarong (which I've never heard of) are cuddly creatures. At first glace, I feared they were R.O.U.S.'s. I love the pictures of Emmy with her Granna.
I'm REALLY wanting to visit that open air zoo. Oh my gosh! Too fun! And I want those pictures of you and Tim with the bitarong on my fridge, next to your prom picture (which people still comment on on a regular basis.) My other favorite was Asa helping Emmy get ready. How is the heart to take such sweetness?
Post a Comment