You would think I would learn...Earlier this week, we went out for our morning walk. Because we don't wear shoes in the house here, all of our shoes sit in a big messy arrangement outside the door. I grabbed my running shoe, stuck my foot in and encountered some resistance. Thinking it was a sock stuck down in there, I reached in, simultaneously peering inside. I was greeted by two big eyes, and I screamed and threw the shoe across the carport. Poor frog. He cautiously peeked out, then hopped away. Emmy found the whole thing hilarious. So a couple of days later, we were headed out, and I told Emmy, jokingly "I'd better check my shoes for frogs!" So I picked up my shoe, peered inside, screamed, and threw it across the carport. Poor, poor frog. I don't know why he keeps coming back, and why he likes my running shoes. Perhaps he knows Romans 10:15? We really need to be more careful, because there have been cases of snakes hiding in shoes to the mortal peril of the unsuspecting owner. We'll take the frog!
3 comments:
I can picture the whole thing! Did you take the picture of the frog in your shoe after the second time--is he back again? Poor thing just doesn't learn! There must be shoes that defy gravity less often.
EEEEEEEK!!!! i think i would start covering my shoes with a towel or something. that would just creep me out! glad you got a pic of it! :)
Oh, ick! I definitely think that you should become a faithful shoe-checker, Rhi. I'm thankful that you and the froggy emerged from the whole incident unscathed (aside from maybe a minor concussion on the froggy's part).
Post a Comment