Friday, March 30, 2007

Bathing Beauties

It's summertime here in Thailand! It's the hottest time of year (although April is the hottest month, so we're not quite there yet). I just checked weather.com, and it says that right now in Bangkok (1:00 pm), it's 97 degrees and feels like 109. Good swimming conditions, don't you think? Our friend Crystal called yesterday with a swimming and lunch plan, and we readily agreed. Emmy and PJ had a rollicking time together. They are only a few weeks apart in age, and are great buddies. Asa and one-year old Calvin had a big time sitting with their mommies and splashing vigorously. A good time was had by all.

Ahoy, there, Asa! Look at this handsome nautical lad all ready for his big swim, wearing his bug trunks from cousin Trevor. It was his first time wearing sunscreen, and we still hid in the shady corner of the pool. His skin is so fair, and Thais always comment on it when they see him, "very white!".

5 comments:

Brea said...

Asa looks like such a big boy! If they think he looks very white, wait 'till they see my child!

Christy said...

Does Emmy swim? I didn't notice her with water wings on. I forgot about water wings - such a pain to pull on dry arms! And Asa does look like such a big boy in his swim trunks and hat. That picture reminds me of Andrew - shape of his face and the expression. Phil just taunted me saying that he would get to meet him first. I shall begin plotting my revenge ...

trmills said...

Hey Christy, Emmy doesn't swim yet, but she's very confident in a ring floatie and seems to have tired of the water wings for now- thank goodness! They are a pain, and I'm always afraid I'm going to slip and smack her in the face when I'm trying with all my might to pull them up...

I think the same about our boys sometimes!! And don't worry, Asa and I are planning to avoid Phil the entire time he's here.

Brea, you'd better stock up on sunscreen! (As if you haven't already!)

Anonymous said...

so crazy, I am sitting at here reading your blog when I get an email and it is your comment on my blog. Funny. Your kids are just precious. I love watching them grow! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

thanks for picture of PJ (along with your kids of course!)

helen