We're still waiting for Baby...so we won't be sharing a birthday. Disappointing, but I had a good one. Tim and Emmy woke me singing "Happy Birthday", and presented me with thirty roses and breakfast in bed...there is no better way to start the day than this!We had a relaxing day, I opened some cards and packages that had arrived for my birthday (thank you, thank you!), and I rested up for our night out; our first since moving to Bangkok. It turned out differently than we expected, which is what we should expect here...Our original restaurant of choice was closed down completely. The girl at Starbucks suggested another Italian place a few blocks away, at Convent and Silom. This is right around the corner from the first place we ever stayed in Bangkok, 6 years ago. So a stroll down memory lane and an Italian dinner. We headed over, and found the menu to be lacking. But a few doors down I spotted a Mexican restaurant! This was quite a find! Their menu had homemade chips and salsa and fajitas, so we were in. But we weren't in...we were actually turned away. I've never known a restaurant to say, "sorry, we can't serve you", but that's what happened. Apparently they must have had a private party because the place was packed. The hostess directed us to another Mexican place a short walk away. We navigated a maze of stalls selling everything from fake Birkenstocks to bootleg DVDs, and arrived to find a small place that just wasn't what we were looking for. It looked a bit seedy for my birthday dinner - after all, I did get dressed up. So we navigated the crowded streets again, boarded the Sky Train, and headed to Siam Paragon, the most lovely mall you can imagine with plenty of good food. We took stock of all of our exotic options and I finally settled on Tony Roma's (!) for some good American comfort food. Huge thanks to Catherine, who stayed with our Em and made it possible for us to go...


6 comments:
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, dear Rhianna
Happy birthday to you!
I'm so glad that you had a lovely birthday and evening out before the baby arrives.
We miss you! I'm so glad you started this blog so that we can keep up with you.
Happy Birthday, Rhianna! Sounds like you had one adventurous, fun birthday evening. So you're 30 now, huh? Welcome to the club!
Waiting patiently to hear more baby news....
Amy, Scott & Ella :)
yay! you are 30! welcome, welcome to the thirties...where birthdays all start to run together. so is your's the 26th? ella turned 4 today! sounds like a fun (but exhausting) night out...but i'm glad you were able to find some fine american cuisine! :)
Happy 30th!! I keep checking your blog to get the latest baby news...any day! Thanks for keeping us updated on your side of the world.
love,
Tracey
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Rhianna!
We keep checking your blog for a word of new baby!
The Lord be with you. (I loved the hospital where Crystal had Calvin and where you will have your little one :-)
love, helen
Happy late Birthday, Rhianna! It sounds like one of those nights for remembering and telling the kids about one day! Hope you're doing well and Baby comes soon!
Post a Comment