Friday, May 23, 2014

One Month

Today marks one month in our new home. Amazing how much life can change in so short a time. We walk to and from school, the children play outside almost constantly, and we have reclaimed our bedroom because Tim has a studio and office- computers and music equipment no longer make walking through our bedroom a stressful endeavor! Those are just a few things we're thankful for in our new abode.

And it's quite surreal to think that one week from today we'll be in Seoul, Korea, en route to Georgia and HOME!

We've had some excitement around here, and the children and I are having a very restful day off of school because of the military coup that happened yesterday. The things we miss school for- floods, toxic fires, protests, military coups. Never a dull moment! We're very concerned and praying for this country we love, but so far things have been peaceful.

There's so much I haven't written about since the last real update. Suffice to say that God has been faithful in the midst of the intensity that has been life of late. I'll just share a few favorite photos of late and head back to making lists for our departure in less than one week!

One of my favorite pictures of all time. Our first grader has discovered a new passion this year, and loves to play goalie. Does he not look 16 in this shot?

Grace City is meeting for weekly worship!

Grace City's first members

I love this. Tim's been playing and singing at a coffee shop in one of the red light districts. Light in a dark place.

4 comments:

Becky Falkins said...

Love, love, love the soccer pic (and the coffee shop one too)!

Kim Cunningham said...

Asa is unbelievable in that photo. My kids told me that Asa "got so big".

Christy said...

I'm with everybody ... that shot of Asa is amazing!!!

So when do we actually get to see you?? I know there's a line. :-)

LaNell said...

I love how you guys embrace where you are so well. Looks like you are just passing that right along to your little crew too. I, too, loved these pics for you guys. What treasures!