![]() |
| On a recent Saturday, ready for a play date at a friend's house |
Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - George Scialabba
I'm one holiday and almost a month behind, but these were too sweet not to share. Our Dear Aunt B sent the above quote on a birthday card to Asa a few years ago, and I love it. Whether true or not, we have imagination in abundance in our home, and it makes life joyful. Halloween was a few weeks ago, as you no doubt remember, and although it's not widely celebrated here (but the creepier parts are creeping in and retailers are more and more cashing in on the trend!), our little ones gave some consideration to how they might celebrate in costume, dug through the dress up box, and here's what they came up with...
![]() |
| Poor lighting, but Puss in Boots was quite dashing. |
![]() |
| Thank you again for this cuteness, Aunt Crystal! |
Dress up is not to be confined to a particular day, though...especially for Asa, for whom dressing up is an almost daily event, and little brother is following closely, as little brothers do.
![]() |
| Papa's WWII headgear gets plenty of wear by our little warrior. |


And a recent Ju-ism I will document for posterity...
J: Mommy...
Me: (distracted by two other simultaneous voices) Just a minute, Ju...
Me: (turning to him after a minute) Okay, buddy, what is it?
J: Ummm, well...I lost my mind. (translation: I forgot:)
Going into Thanksgiving tomorrow, thinking of many loved ones we will miss (are, in fact, missing at this very moment) from afar. So thankful for the abundance of love that God has given to us.







2 comments:
Cute little dress ups! They look like they have loads of fun! Hope Thanksgiving was good, knowing you are missing family here.
Wonderful Puss in Boots costume!
I'm really taken by how old Julian looks in that first photo.
Post a Comment