Friday, October 05, 2012

This Week

This week, the view from our roof looked like this. This weekend Thailand is waiting to see what will come from tropical storm Gaemi, which will be heading over after pouring on Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Em's school principal announced this afternoon that the older students should take books home over the weekend in case school has to be canceled at the beginning of next week.


This week we celebrated the life of my best friend, who has been part of my life for the last 22 years. He is a giver of joy to us and to all who know him, and he reflects the love of God in his daily life. We had bratwurst and apple pie and generally a big time.

This week there were some avian 'suggles' happening. This picture is a new all time favorite. 

This one is a close second. I call it 'The Kiss'.

This week the boys had lunch at a roadside restaurant. Asa gave it high marks.

And this wasn't actually this week, but I've just begun a new language module and this was last module's class. I loved this group of people and this teacher, one of the heads of the school, was my most excellent yet. Two more months... อีกสองเดือน...

4 comments:

Crystal said...

love, love, love and love the wonderful Mills family...praying for you all!

Brea said...

Happy birthday to Tim! I was thinking today that his birthday had just passed. Love the photo of the party!

Stay dry! Love you all!

Kim Cunningham said...

Those bird photos are adorable! How cute is that!

Becky said...

I hadn't looked at this in forever!! Love love "the Kiss" as well. And Withichiwit pic is very cute of you! I have to say sorry that Andrew & I appear to be extremely self-focused in Tim's Bday pic. Great skyline apartment pic too!