Thursday, April 26, 2012

Movin' On Up


It may be a stretch to call it a dee-luxe apartment in the sky, but we are indeed moving, in just one week! Everything has come together quickly and now I find myself in that in-between place of transition, excited yet anxious, slightly out of sorts, looking forward to being settled again. Life is going to change for us in some very distinct ways. So for now, seeking to trust God with each day, seeking to be content to cross each bridge as we come to it and knowing we'll find the grace needed there.

And thankful for a restful time away that came in a perfectly ordained place in the midst of all of this upheaval and change. Songkran found us on the road to Chiang Mai, where we enjoyed supremely restful days with dear friends in a beautiful, simple place. I love beauty and simplicity.





It was HOT. I mean, frizzy-hair, perspiration-running-down-your-tummy, thermometer's-over-100, straight-up-cold-showers HOT. And we all embraced the heat and the complete lack of any planned activity. That meant plenty of time for this...


 this little man learned to swim last week!

...and moments like these...



And now we depart from pastoral scenes and enter ultra-urbanity. For each stretch of this journey, we open our hands and give thanks. We would appreciate your prayers for the days to come, full to the brim with change.

7 comments:

Peamama said...

Wow! Big changes, indeed. Will be praying for a good transition and maybe some nice parks nearby for playing? Miss you guys!

Crystal said...

Can't wait to see the new digs! Praying for you all...love you!

Kim Cunningham said...

Will be praying for you George and Weezey as you move on up. Exciting times. It is a whole new lifestyle, but it will be fun and an adventure. Praying for a quick settling in.

Granna said...

Papa Jeff and I are praying for each of you as you begin this busy week one step at a time.A Loving home is wherever you are together as a family. It is so good to see these pictures. Thank you for sharing them with all of us. I'm praying for your movers, also. What a challenge for them with no place to pull over to unload and no freight elevator. Praying God's grace will be amazing in every detail. Love you! Granna

Brea said...

Your vacation spot looks fabulous! Thank the Lord for the pool! That's incredible that Asa learned to swim! I'm hoping we can get Brennan moving in that direction this summer.

Praying for you all in the transition ahead. Love to you all!

Christy said...

Ohhh, I can't wait to see what your new place looks like! Your little getaway looked perfect. Love the photo of Emmy jumping in the pool (I hope). :-) Go Asa with your swimming!

Love you guys!

LaNell said...

Can I come on vacation with you next time? Wow!