...what a day for chaperoning an outdoor scavenger hunt field trip. As Emmy's cute friend Amy said, as we were trekking across the park under the merciless sun, "I think I'm going to DIE!" Despite the mortal peril, we all made it and had a lot of fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with some sweet first graders; so interesting to talk to little children from different cultures. Here's my favorite picture from the day...

6 comments:
Emmy likes sushi?? :) Great pic. Miss drinking out of a bag. Love you guys!
Drinks in plastic bags? Interesting. I just love Emmy's long pigtails!
Sounds hot...similar to our day yesterday!! Muggy and hot but an afternoon rainshower cooled things off a bit.
When do you all fly out?? Praying for you!
Bless your sweaty little hearts! This reminds me of my days at ICS when all the Korean children brought me packs of kimbab rolls for the field trips. I didn't like them, so it felt like a death sentence to have 5 twelve packs of them! Good thing I was such a generous teacher to share with the class! Looks like a fun trip!
I remember bags of soda in Brazil. Is Thailand cheap with their bottles, too?
Adorable picture. Can't wait to see your big 1st grader up close!
Water bags...wow. Brilliant. I think Holly would find other uses for those, other than drinking. :) Way to go on chaperoning, in the blazing heat no less. That sounds very official and mom-like. Holly has her first dance recital this Saturday and I think it is my induction into a new phase of parenthood.
Post a Comment