And in family news, we took our boys last week for their 9 month and 3 year checkups. Actually only Julian was scheduled, but our awesome pediatrician graciously fit Asa in while we were there. So here's the latest on our little men...
Julian was mad as fire during his visit, because he was missing a nap, so Dr. B didn't see his sunny side, but he sure does have a sweet smile when he's rested. Completely gums, though; no teeth yet. He weighed 18 pounds and 6 ounces, putting him just under 25th percentile. He was 29 inches long, putting him about 75th.
Asa was in a cheery mood, as is the norm with this little sunshine-y boy, but he can turn to the dark side quickly these days if his will is thwarted. He doesn't so much cry, though, it's really more of a wail that gets under the skin quickly. A poor taxi driver had to endure it in a confined space most of the way home today. He has the most endearing little habit, though, of coming back after his wailing has subsided and saying, "Mommy, I'm sorry I...(wanted a cookie for breakfast, or whatever)". He's a really, really lovable little boy.He weighed 34 pounds, putting him at about 50th percentile, and was 40 inches tall, putting him off the charts for height.
Julian is growing by leaps and bounds. He looks so much more grown up as the weeks go by. He's doing lots of leaning way over and stands well with support, but has shown no desire to crawl as of yet. His siblings weren't crawling at 9 months either, and these things are supposed to be genetic. So we'll enjoy the stationary phase while it lasts!He's recently mastered his pincer grasp and can feed himself O's and bits of bread with impressive accuracy. If you cheer for him after he does it, you're rewarded with the BEST, big gummy grin. He has the carbs and the praise, so he's delighted. I really wish I had a video of this. Maybe soon.
Asa has picked up Emmy's habit of narrating his play, and I'm frequently told something along the lines of, "You're a bad man (or giant, or dragon...), and the good man (or knight or soldier...) poked the bad man with his sword!" (at which point I'm supposed to feign injury). Some of Asa's favorite things these days are riding his bike and big wheel, learning to catch a ball with and without a baseball glove, looking at books and being read to, drawing, eating (lots), playing with Emmy, taking his clothes off (I dress that child several times a day!), dressing as a knight, building with Legos, and generally making his way through the house leaving chaos in his wake.He's learning the catechism along with Emmy, and we really must get them on video soon...we love hearing Asa say, "Father, Son and Holy Spi-wit".
Ju is a real mama's boy (and daddy's, too...). He's not keen to be in anyone's arms but ours when we're out and about, much to the disappointment of sweet friends who'd like to cuddle with him. But from the safety of our arms he enjoys all the attention he gets, and he gets lots. He's flirted with constantly at church, and I rode the songtaew with him in the sling today and felt like quite a spectacle with my little white boy with blue eyes strapped to my body...all eyes were on us and I heard several "dtukata's" (doll) as we made our way to our seat.He's talking a good bit, but no 'mama' as of yet, sadly. Whenever I ask him to say it, I always get "dadada", which is fun for Tim. Soon enough my time will come.
And a picture of big sister, just because...

*these pictures are all from Family Fun Day at Emmy's school, which was a very fun event involving multiple sports and swimming on the school's facilities...it lived up to its name.
4 comments:
All 3 are beautiful! So glad you all are doing well & are staying safe. You're in our prayers.
Thank you for the fun update on the Mills children. Each one is such a gift. I miss them all!
How did I miss this post?! Loved all the pictures. Especially the ones of Julian with the bright blue sky behind him. Ah, he does have quite the heart-melting grin, doesn't he? Can't wait to see it in person.
And you weren't kidding when you suggested Elsbeth would be ready to wrestle him soon! Who would have thought?
Post a Comment