The first graders at Emmy's school just celebrated "Bug Day", an annual occurrence coinciding with their study of insects. Em was a dragonfly, thanks to some serious curtain-bending by her Daddy. The red hook is holding a mosquito, which dragonflies eat, making them an admirable species, indeed. Oh, dratted mosquitoes, attacking me while I do the laundry outside, buzzing into the house at the slightest opening of a door, terrorizing my children! But I digress...
As you can see, there were some very ornate and very adorable costumes. The most memorable one was a butterfly with unbelievably large and highly decorated wings. Her wingspan was quite impressive. She's not in this picture because she couldn't get out of the classroom to go outside for a picture!
I was also partial to the horned beetle. There was a costume contest planned, and Emmy's teacher, being familiar with the erratic emotions of 6 year olds, very wisely ended up awarding each child for his or her endeavors. Good call, Ms. Kim!
These pictures are for the benefit of our moms and dads who can't come in to wake this sweet baby in the morning...oh, how I long for you to hold him now! He's practically edible. He's so sweet and his cheeks are so round, he's saying "da, da, da" on command, and he grins and laughs easily. I find myself holding him close and saying out loud (to no one in particular), "I love having a baby!"
This picture was taken yesterday morning; see how much better his cheek looks? I have high hopes that we might be on the way to healing there.And here are a few fun photos from one of the gardens at the King's Park...



*By Thiaw- to go on a fun outing (I needed another 'B':)
5 comments:
fun stuff! and Julian is so precious...of course! I loved the horned beetle outfit as well.
love you guys.
Ah bug day. I remember Jan's kids doing this every year,and we somehow missed out on that. Emmy is a cute dragonfly. I love her mosquito prop too! I am cracking up about the girl who couldn't leave the classroom! I'm wondering how lunch and specials were attended. LOL! I'm glad Emmy is getting to enjoy all that school brings. The boys are adorable as well and it is fun having a baby! We are in toddler tantrums right now which makes for some hard days. Enjoy your baby! :)
Rhianna--sweet pictures. It's a blessing to see you from afar. The class looks awesome as bugs. :)
I really think this stage, 8 months or so, is the very reason people have babies. It's just the best! I love having a baby, too!
And you are looking very sleek in your keyhole portrait!
I love this post! I could hear your voice telling me these happenings... awwww...
Julian is absolutely beautiful and I do wish I could hold him (or wake him up). I noticed your little man with his "guns", and please tell Emmy that she is a great dragonfly. It seems that she has a fun teacher.
Miss you!
Post a Comment