Friday, December 19, 2008

Festivities

In spite of the wistful longing for our tropical Christmases of recent past expressed by a certain member of our family, and despite the fact that I am larger than life and having trouble mustering the energy to get through a normal day's activities, we are soaking up our Christmas here. It is a special treat to be surrounded by the sights and smells of Christmas. Festivities galore, loving being with family and friends, celebrating Advent, waiting again for the coming of our Savior. Joy and thankfulness. And some tired hard days, too. But isn't that always the case?...

Em and her Papa Jeff on the tractor on our annual "Chipper Day"- the day after Thanksgiving. I especially love this picture because our good old dog Bonsai is in the background, behind the farm gate.

We spent a fabulous, sugar high afternoon decorating gingerbread houses with some friends we've come to know and love during this time in Atlanta...

Emmy and her cousin were two little ballerinas after seeing The Nutcracker at the Fox Theatre...

We went to Atlantic Station, an Atlanta downtown commercial development, and enjoyed the "snow" they create every hour. For southerners, this is serious fun!

This picture cracks us up! Look at that nose!

And just this week we enjoyed an Atlanta tradition, the Pink Pig atop Macy's department store, with our beloved Thompson friends...


And to think the family festivities haven't even begun! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Jean Joiner said...

Looks like a lot of fun! How in the world did you get that last picture with all the kids looking at the camera so nicely? I'm so impressed. :)

Kim said...

TIM'S NOSE!!!!! That was hilarious. Thanks for he chuckle. I enjoyed catching up with your holidays. We got the beautiful Christmas card two days ago. I love it! You look great. How wonderful to go to The Nutcracker. I would love to take G one day but it seems like December weekends stay full! Maybe next year. Enjoy your family festivities to come.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! We love the pink pig! Emma goes every year with her grandparents.

Christy said...

All the pictures are fabulous, as always - but Tim's nose really is the best. Laughed out loud. It is so wonderful to have you all near this Christmas!