Our baby lost her first tooth today. Doesn't she look adorable? Every time she spoke to me this afternoon I was compelled to interrupt her to tell her how adorable she was. A teenager might have rolled her eyes, but in her sweet 5-year-old-ness, she just basked.Her tooth has been loose for about 2 weeks. When she initially told me that her "tooth hurt", I examined her and was absolutely shocked to find that she had a loose tooth! Upon further reflection, I realized that she has just turned 5 and it's getting to be that time, but I was completely unprepared for this newest milestone. They're coming fast and furious these days.
She wouldn't let us touch her tooth, and it eventually got so loose that she could push it down horizontally with her tongue. We warned her that she might lose it and not know it, and sadly, this is what happened. The best we can tell, she swallowed it while enjoying her lunch of rice and pork at Fuji, our local yummy Japanese restaurant. I expected her to be devastated, but she took it in stride, and I was more sad about it than she was. Thankfully, the one next to it is loose, too, and will probably come out very soon, so that will be my keeper. And the tooth fairy will come tonight regardless, so all is well. The big question is, in light of our impending trip to America, will the tooth fairy leave American money or Thai baht?
7 comments:
What a beauty!--LaNell
With baht in America, nothing can be bought(: 21 days and counting! Much love to you 5! Granna
Oh my goodness! I can't believe she's old enough to loose teeth, either! She is absolutely darling, though, with her little gap.
Congrats Emmy! What a big girl!
Oh, what a beautiful snaggletooth! I cannot believe you have a child old enough to lose teeth! Tell Emmy congratulations from Aunt Brea and Uncle John.
Congratulations, Mills family! We are so excited for you all with your news of the newest member!
I was actually just online at cottonbabies.com, looking into cloth diapering, and was looking into getting the missionary grant. Well, when I was looking at the families who had received from them, I saw you all and was reminded of your sweet family. I went to Mealnie's blog and found your sight and was so excited to read your news!
I was also wondering about how cloth diapering worked out for you all. Have you used them with Asa his whole life? Did they give you enough for his whole life? sorry to bother you with this. if you have time and a chance, could you e-mail me and let me know how it worked out for you?
we're at nollmtw@gmail.com
Congratulations again!! God is so good!
Sara-Beth
What about a little bit of each...
Post a Comment