On Sunday morning, we got up at 4:30 a.m. to attend, via Skype, the Saturday evening Atlanta wedding of Tim's cousin Joshua and his beautiful bride Sharon. Thanks to the church's wireless internet connection, we were able to sit on the front pew (with our camera turned off) and had the best seats in the house for the beautiful ceremony. It was truly amazing. And I bet we were the only ones drinking orange juice during the ceremony!
After the ceremony, we turned our camera on and had a great visit with everyone in the family, including the bride and groom. They even put us in one of the family pictures! I wonder if the photographer has ever before had a laptop in one of his wedding photos?Despite the early hour, it was incredible and fun to be able to attend this wedding. We had been really sad to have to miss this long-awaited family celebration, especially as it was happening just a month before we arrived back in Atlanta. Things like this make the world seem smaller and make it just a little bit easier to be 9,000 miles away from so many people we love. Wishing you much joy, Joshua and Sharon!
4 comments:
Wow! That is so mind-boggling! Who would have thought? At least you dressed for the occassion and weren't sitting in PJs! :)
Amazing!! I am sooo excited about this. :)
Technology is amazing, indeed!
That is so neat! I just love the photo with you guys in the corner.
Post a Comment