We had our 18 month check-up for our boy today. In days gone by, when I would return from Emmy's check-ups, I would always call the grandparents and report her stats, as no one can delight in these details with you like a grandparent. So, grandparents, these are for you!...26.9 pounds (62nd percentile), 33.5 inches (79th percentile). The doctor was pleased with his mobility, chubbiness and budding verbal ability. So praise the Lord for the incredible blessing of good health. I like to take the camera to capture the moment, but I forgot it, so we'll have to make due with the above picture of him recently completing some spreadsheets involving diaper usage.On a not so good note, Asa had his first injury this week. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say it was all my fault, and he touched the hot eye of the stove. It was certainly a hard lesson in "hot", but he's got the concept down pat now. He woke up the following morning with a blister the size of a small hot air balloon on his finger, and I wanted to cover my head with ashes every time I saw it. Thankfully, the doctor's visit was well-timed (and Asa popped the blister on the way to the doctor), so she was able to give us some preventative measures to head off possible infection.
2 comments:
Glad the check up went well. Who did you see? You said "she" so I assume it wasn't Dr. Olarn. Poor baby's finger. Jack gave Aidan a black eye for his 1st b-day when he ran him into a wall while holding him. He had a little cut and a shiner! Just thought that might make you feel better. :)
I see Asa is now blogging about his "dog dog"
Post a Comment