Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Farewell to Preschool

Emmy and I had our last day of preschool on Thursday, and now it's summertime in Thailand! We learned 'sun, moon, and star' and had a joyful last day with these precious kids. Whether or not Em will miss preschool remains to be seen, but I know I will, and it's been a growing experience for both of us. Here are a few pictures from our last day...





This is part of "the red class", a huge swarm of impossibly small, incredibly cute children who stare up at me with big brown eyes while I sing, dance, read and do anything I can think of to entertain them and maybe teach them a little something during my half hour with them.


And here's a bonus- a few pictures from preschool picture day- when the kids had pictures taken by photographers. Emmy's are...precious, of course, because she's in them...but a bit different from the classic style we tend to prefer. The background is balloons and hearts, and she posed with a number of different props, including a backpack, a tennis racket and ball, and a big stuffed wand (she likes the one with the wand the best). I wish I had some of these to share, but the ones I took turned out blurry. These two pictures show them getting her ready for her photo shoot- they brushed her hair and let her pick out a headband, then put powder and lip gloss on her. Quite the to-do!


Goodbye preschool...kindergarten, here she comes!

Coming soon- preschool summer party photos, complete with Thai dancer Emmy!

5 comments:

Jean Joiner said...

what an adorable photo of her at the bottom. i love her braids in the above photos too. we're having a baby girl in april and i've really got to get some training in how to do little girl's hair! :)

Christy said...

I feel like I've commented on the uniforms in the past, but must do so again. They are to die for! Emmy is amazingly beautiful. Does everyone just stare at her all the time? I'm a little sad not to have a visual of Emmy with the stuffed wand (??) ... I'll just have to imagine.

Brea said...

Hooray for Em! Such a big girl! I hope she gets to wear an adorable uniform in kindergarten, too. I'm also disappointed that we didn't get to see a Thai-style portrait of Emmy. :)

Kim said...

Congrats on making it thru the year. I'm sure it was a blast and looks like the school choice was a winner. I wish we had found it too with those cute uniforms. She looks very "Dorothy-ish". We just sent a letter to Emmy. It was a "school" assignment on letter writing and of course Gracyn wanted Emmy to be her assignment. Be on the lookout.

Pete said...

Hey T&R! Julie was thinking about you the other day, did a Google search, and found your blog. It's so great to see that you are all doing well. We're so happy that we can keep up to date with you. If you're interested, our site is web.mac.com/jpegdesigns. Hopefully we'll talk to you soon!
Pete & Julie