Friday, October 12, 2007

A Little Bit Famous

I was in the newspaper this week, strangely enough! The Bangkok Post, Bangkok's major English newspaper, did an article on Thai language schools and took this picture in our classroom last week. So here I am playing a game with my buddy Esther from Korea. So funny! Of course, my name is forever destined to be misspelled. If you're interested in reading the article (which, sadly, is not all about me and my adventures in Bangkok, but rather about learning Thai), you can find it here.

Language school is intellectually challenging and very effective, although it has been incredibly stressful for our family. Tim and I have been switching off home duty and studying takes up every available hour of every night for both of us. But, this module is over next week and I can now read and write such highly useful phrases as, "My big sister puts on the white shoes", "He buys rice for his friend", and "The doctor says she cannot exercise". I'll miss my class time and my new friends from all over the world, but not the early mornings, long commute, and late nights!

PS- I just have to share...Emmy just ran in and said, "Mommy, you know why I love coming back from the pool, don't you? Because my bellybutton is here and ready for me!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear ones! How amazing that you took the minutes to add to your blog! Thank you so much! Fun article and adorable Emmyism. We are so thankful you have just one more week of the rigorous but fruitful time you all have had. and then comes a wonderful visit Fri. with your dear friends. and then you come here...Yea! Much love and hugs! MomII-Granna

Christy said...

The Emmy comment made me laugh out loud! What a hoot she is! I feel like my belly button is forever waiting around for me to come back from the pool ....

Anonymous said...

I love the glasses! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Rachel

Emily said...

Rhianna,
Did you learn "The doctor says she cannot exercise" just for me? The week before we moved from Atlanta, I was lying on Heather's couch talking to her and her husband can in and so "Oh, I see your back on bedrest..." It makes me feel warm inside to know that it's how my friends think of me.
That Emmy-she has such a special relationship with her belly button.

Kim said...

1 module and you are already a superstar!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. MILLS!!!!!