
The whirlwind that was language school finished up this week, and it was a relief to take my test and realize that I did manage to learn all 44 consonants and the long vowels, and I can read and write sufficiently well (albeit VERY slowly). There's more to learn in the next module before I have the entire body of literacy knowledge, but I'm happy to wait a while on that. For now, I get to go back to entire days of the cuteness you see above (isn't he so cool in his ladybug sunglasses?), and in only a few hours our friends John and Brea will arrive! They are amazing friends to be traveling across the world with an 18-month old to visit us, and we plan to soak them up and have some long-awaited down time while they're here.

Here's my language class. They're from Korea, Indonesia, America and China. I got attached to them, of course. And you can see The Greatest Thai Teacher of All Time, there in the middle in the purple shirt.

In other news, we had a birthday in the house a couple of weeks ago. Those Pull 'n Peel Twizzlers are excellent in a pinch for decorating a cake.

Celebrating Daddy's birthday

And another celebration, for Crystal and Baby Girl Henry who may arrive any time now! These women are my team and my friends, and we had a great time celebrating Crystal and how special she is, and the gift that God is giving to them (and all of us!) very soon.

Can't wait to meet you, little girl!
9 comments:
Congratulations on passing the first language module! That's a huge milestone--I'll bet it feels great to be able to make sense of things more than before. Happy birthday to Tim, also!
Emmy and Asa just keep getting cuter and cuter--I can't wait to see them!
You give such great snapshots of your life there. I hope your time with the Robinson family is great!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUSIN TIM! Yes, we're yelling it...so you can hear us :)
Miss you guys. Love & hugs to all, Wendy,Rob,Clayton & Sydney
Fabulous shot with the sunglasses. Trying really hard not to be jealous and bitter than Brea's getting to have breakfast with you this morning. :-) Happy Birthday Tim!
Happy birthday, Tim! Looks like it was a fun one.
Hope you had a great birthday, Tim.
Rhianna - just now when I clicked on your blog, I remembered that I dreamed I saw you last night. I just couldn't stop hugging you and I got teary-eyed.
Yo Timbo: The Big 32...Wow!
Looking forward to seeing you soon! --Tom
i am praying for y'all and looking forward to seeing you in atlanta in a few weeks. i can't believe it's almost here!
love
bethany
i know this is very late...but happy birthday to tim!! the cool people have birthdays in october :)
Post a Comment