Friday, April 27, 2007

Good Clean Fun

Emmy has discovered the joys of playing in the hose. We were having one of those 'it's too hot to go outside there's nobody to go visit we have nothing to do' kind of days, and I decided, you know what? We're not going to languish, we're going to play! So we donned bathing suits (the children did; I generally feel uncomfortable in the yard in a bathing suit) and sunscreen, and Emmy had a fabulous time, plus I got to water the yard. She is just the perfect picture of summer fun! We tried to get Asa in on the excitement, but we discovered that there's no good way to squirt a 7-month old with the water hose without it being pretty stressful for him, so he was content to enjoy watching Emmy in her water wonderland.

I'm not sure what caused the dreamlike quality of this photo, but isn't Asa looking like quite the little patriot? I think Emmy looks a bit stressed by the responsibility of holding him up...

In other news, Barbie has invaded our house. Well, not really Barbie, technically. A $3 special from a "Barbie" kiosk at the mall. Emmy has long admired this beauty in the homes of a couple of neighbors, so we decided to take the plunge and she has been in raptures about this addition to her imagination menagerie. Tim brought this Thai outfit home for her as a treat the other day, and she is quite the picture, is she not? Tim did the hair, too, but don't tell him I told you that...


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Much more tame than the water gun pics!

Melissa

keri said...

impressive hair-do, tim! once i finally took the plunge and bought some barbies at a consignment sale, ella was overwhelmed with joy...she loves playing with them.
looks like some fun water time!

Brea said...

Glad everyone's staying cool in the heat!

Christy said...

Am still laughing out loud at the mental image of Tim fixing Barb's hair. What a dad! I'm hoping that whatever summery water fun that happens at our home can be done on the back deck, since I share your sentiments about being in my bathing suit in the front yard.

Emily said...

oh my goodness! Rob and I were laughing at the Barbie picture and I thought I would die when I read about Tim doing her hair, but all Rob said was "Tim's a good dad." He really is-and a master stylist, as well.