Thursday, October 19, 2006

We're Back!

Life has been full the past month! But it's been great...hosting grandmothers, being together as a family, and getting to know our little boy. Things have picked up again, as Tim has started back to language school and I'm learning how to care for two little ones on my own during the day- not a unique task by any means, but one that's a new challenge for me! Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks...


We love this picture of Asa! He's almost 6 weeks old here, showing his newfound smiling skills, and his dance moves, too! He's wearing a sleeper gown that was Tim's when he was a baby.

One huge blessing from this month was that Tim had some time off of language school, and he spent some great time with Emmy. It helped her so much in the transition. Here, she's getting ready to go on an "Art Walk" with her Daddy, looking pretty funky! He always thinks of the best things to do!

We celebrated Tim's birthday at the beginning of October, and we gave him the new Thai version of Monopoly. Instead of "Park Place" and "Boardwalk", it has different Sky Train stops and places around the country... I wonder how many other countries have their own editions of Monopoly? It would be interesting to find out...

This is a main street downtown on a Monday night, the night we went out for Tim's birthday. The traffic is amazing. We sat in it until we were sure we knew where we were headed, then we got out and walked. We walked a long way, but we could have been sitting in a taxi indefinitely!


We've been wanting to take a picture of this guy for a while- Ronald McDonald doing the "wai"- the traditional Thai greeting. When you say hello to someone, this is what you do to show respect. Isn't it fun that Ronald does it, too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhianna,

Thanks so much for sharing these--Asa looks so big already (then again, given his size at birth, I suppose that's inevitable). Emmy looks like she's doing well also, and I loved hearing a bit about Tim's birthday. We certainly miss you around here!

I hope the adjustment to taking care of two children all day is going well!

--Erin

Trey said...

Tim and Rhianna,
thanks for posting and keeping people in touch with what is going on in Bangkok with the team. My wife Kiki and I are tracking to be there with y'all in 4-5 years.
by the way, I have a picture with Ronald, also.