Saturday, April 04, 2015

Bits of the everyday

It's high time for an update at this little space of memory- that's what it's become for me, and what keeps me coming back to it, aside from making grandparents very happy- so in this 10 minute window I find myself with today, I'll see what bits of our everyday I can share. I think this will be a picture heavy flyover of some favorite pieces of life these last 3(!) months- amazing that it's April already and we're preparing to celebrate Easter and counting down to a much needed and anticipated Songkran break! So without further ado...

our 6 year old displays his amazing sense of fashion daily
we celebrated 16 years of marriage- just so thankful
 Grace City moved to our new meeting space- a good move on many levels...





...and we retreated together as a church out of the city for teaching, wacky games, relationship building, and all sorts of outdoorsy activities!
you've really not had a good time in Thailand unless some people have been covered in flour and/or powder


good buddies
ridin' the range
Asa played with all his heart on the school U-11 soccer team...
love the mom in the background clapping with her umbrella after he blocked a shot!


 ...and had field day. Isn't the water balloon toss just quintessential elementary field day?

Ju played shepherd king David in a 4th grade school production (a perk of being home schooled)...

...and Em had an amazing time playing the Munchkin Mayor, a poppy and a flying monkey in the school wide production of The Wizard of Oz! Dramatic productions just make her heart sing!



And finally, every year we love the chance to celebrate the many cultures represented at our wonderful school at International Night- here are a few favorites...
Korean Fan Dance

India's vibrant beauty

lovely Thai dancers representing Isaan

And before it completely slips away, something I meant to include as I talked about Ju's birthday...a favorite little tidbit of conversation from a few months ago that I'd like not to forget...

Julian (at night): "Don't leave me Daddy; I'm scared!"
Tim: "What are you afraid of, buddy?"
Julian: "I just feel like there's a big snowball rolling after me!"
Tim: "Well, just plug in your hair dryer, turn around and melt it!"
Julian: "Oh, okay."

I wonder if pathological fear of snow results from living in the tropics and having no experience with said weather? :)

2 comments:

Kim Cunningham said...

So much goodness and blessing reported here. Love seeing what you are all up to these days. Asa looks like quite the goalie and I know our boys would love to scrimmage with him!

Christy said...

Thank you for giving me this wonderful slice of happiness, a visit with some of my favorite people in the world to brighten my Monday afternoon. Love Julian's socks!!