Saturday, October 04, 2014

Recent Favorites

Sometimes pictures really are worth thousands of words. Especially in the midst of family life, when the days are so full and pass so quickly, there's such beauty in looking back at moments and savoring where you are in the journey. In that spirit, here are a few favorites that tell some of our story from these recent weeks...

We live near the King's park again, much to everyone's delight. Tim took this picture on a run one evening, and it captures its beauty well. I'm not overstating the case when I say that I love this park- so many good memories for us here.

The bigger kids just acquired bikes. Because of apartment living, Asa had never learned to ride a big bike. So what did he do when he sat astride his own for the first time? Took right off and began to ride! Way to go, buddy!

The school recently had a 'caps for cure' day- wear a hat to school, give a donation toward research for a cancer cure (please, Lord- quickly!) Asa wore his Papa's WWII tanker hat, and gave his class a history lesson to boot. We sure are proud of our Papa.

Celebrating this fellow's birthday- I am so privileged to walk through life with such an amazing person.

Tim found this graffiti in the city. We'd been wondering what Emmy was up to on her late night excursions!

A moment (let's be honest, a rare moment) of brotherly bonding...

A little fun at school drop off with one of Ju's buddies- they love to be super heroes together.

"Mommy, will you help me make a mustache?"..."and a goatee, like Daddy!"

And finally, a little sample of Asa's sparring in taekwando- I think he looks like a Lego man in his sparring gear- so cute! (and fierce, of course...)

1 comment:

Christy said...

I cannot believe I haven't seen this entry yet! Where in the world have I been??

The King's Park looks amazing. Living near a park is the best!

Julian and the paper facial hair just makes my day. You know what I think about children and mustaches.

And I'm so proud of Em's graffiti. Hard to write straight with a spray can!