Thursday, February 27, 2014

Field Trip

When I look back on these early days of schooling, these will be some of my favorite memories- getting on the big rental bus with one of very my favorite people and those people who comprise their school day worlds- sitting together en route to some exciting destination, sharing snacks and games and anticipation. On this day, we walked toward a big ship...on one side, Asa held my hand while he and his best buddy from Brazil walked with their arms around each other. On the other side I held hands with a lovely Chinese girl who clasped hands with her Thai-Indian friend.

I mention their cultural backgrounds only because they are each so unique and beautiful. And as first graders, they don't yet see division- only the fun of walking hand in hand with a friend into the exciting next. I'm grateful to get to be a small part of their lives, and a big part of the life of the tall boy from the U.S., my treasure.

2 comments:

Brea said...

Precious, Rhianna. It is wonderful that our kids still love having us around so much, isn't it?

Christy said...

That really is beautiful. A glorious snippet of heaven.