In the midst of the rush, the chaos surrounding our moving, the pack it all up, pick up visas, how in the world are we going to fit all of this in the suitcases crush of the day, we stopped. We took the tea set off the shelf, the one that was a birthday gift to our girl, the one that can't be packed back across the world.
We took out the new-old cookbook that was a gift from the beloved great aunt, and I stood beside my girl as she learned to read the recipe, to measure, to stir the dough.
And we tea-partied.

And then, a play of their making- Magical Mermaids. There was, of course, a mermaid. And a wizard...
And today we are making a birthday cake for a very special boy...

Time is a relentless river. It rages on, a respecter of no one. And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I fully enter time's swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent...I can slow the torrent by being all here. I only live the full life when I live fully in the moment. Weigh down this moment in time with attention full, and the whole of time's river slows, slows, slows.-Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts
5 comments:
Beautiful. Love the time spent to tea party with the kids. And Happy Birthday to the big birthday boy Julian!
This post made my heart full. I want to sit down right now and read "One Thousand Gifts."
What a beautiful tea set! Ah..this post is so very true. I'm so glad you were able to pause in the midst of the upheaval and remember to invest in the good things. We will certainly pray for the next few days ahead. Remember the boy and the vows in the midst! :)
Beautifully stated. So glad you were able to live in the moment on this day with your kiddos. It's sobering to think that not one day with our babies will ever come back. I also must get a hold of that book!
Love this post! Voskamp's quotes have been on my mind so much this week! Praying for your sweet family.
Post a Comment