Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Little Bit of Now

Feeling just a bit discombobulated around here, with only a few weeks until major life transition- again. We've been doing lots of wrapping things up, entertaining, saying "see you later" to people we love, and planning for the time to come. A small glimpse of life lately...

a good play

I did some more field tripping with second graders recently. I love, love being with my girl and her friends, and I spent the morning exploring the Thai National Museum with these two sweet young ladies. We saw weapons, costumes, games, modes of transportation, giant elephant tusks intricately carved, and much more, sweating profusely all the time. It was a sweet reward to make it to the air conditioned gift shop at the end!
Thai dancers

with a dear friend

Speaking of dear friends, there are many that we'll pick up with again when we return, but some who will be leaving and will leave vacancies in our lives, like this family we have come to love, and whose daughter has been one of Em's closest friends. Now we'll have even more reason to visit Australia some day, as our buddies will be going back home 'Down Under'.

We wrapped up our preschool year with an alphabet graduation party- Asa has enjoyed spending every Friday morning learning his ABC's with this cute group of friends...



And a few that just make me smile...



found this one on the camera- it's not great quality, but oh so much fun.

4 comments:

Kim said...

These are so fun! I know these last weeks are full of stress and we will pray for abundant grace during the transition. Love the father-on portrait at the bottom. So funny!

LaNell said...

so cute Rhi! can't wait to see you soon! I love the first one the most.

Christy said...

I just love all your posts. Field trip fun with your girl - fabulous! And the Julian and Asa photos are just the best!

Brea said...

Love the one of Asa skateboarding (he suddenly looks so mature to me!) and Julian with the goatee! We can't wait to see you all here! Will be praying for a very smooth transition.