
Frequently in costume, intensely in character. He comes up with these things all by himself, often in costumes self-constructed from random pieces of clothing. I love his intensity.
I requested that he stand by the tree with the crazy roots in his 'superhero' costume and strike his toughest pose.And a superhero has to greet his young fans...
These brothers are growing into their fraternal bond, enjoying (and provoking) one another more and more each day. Today I heard big brother invite little brother upstairs for a tea party, showing his gentler side. I bet there was an ambush involved along with the refreshments.Last week we had a late afternoon where Ju was crying because of a maternal injustice, the details of which I now can't recall, while I was trying to go about the business of getting supper. Asa came into the kitchen with a smile and a twinkle in his eye, and said, "I'm going to do a fake burp for him." What to say to that? I replied that I imagined that would be an encouragement. Sure enough, they were laughing together momentarily.
These are sweet days, and I smile to think of them traveling the road to come together.
7 comments:
This is so funny. Love the made up costume and the burp encouragment.
Oh my goodness, so adorable I can barely stand it! I'm wild over the tea invite.
How sweet it is when brothers dwell in harmony! Love you all! Every picture is so dear...to see glimpses of your precious children...love this last shot of them riding away together. Thank you for every word, too! Hugs to you! Granna
Way too cute!
love that last photo!
So precious! A little boy is a wonderful creation!
I can't wait to show Elbow Monster this...he will love it.
Post a Comment