Saturday, December 25, 2010

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly. ~Andy Rooney

Missing loved ones far away today, even as we're rejoicing in this very special moment in time. For our dear families, a bit of Christmas morning at our house...

reading the Christmas story

waiting to go downstairs


the remains of Santa's cookies



she loves books like her mama- time for Ramona!

And it was a dress up sort of Christmas, thanks to grandparents that know the loves of their grandchildren well...




What Child is this who, laid to rest
On Mary's lap is sleeping?
Whom Angels greet with anthems sweet,
While shepherds watch are keeping?

This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and Angels sing;
Haste, haste, to bring Him laud,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.


Merry Christmas to all of you who make our lives rich with your love, and praise God for such a glorious gift, a reason to rejoice today and every day.

4 comments:

Brea said...

Merry Christmas, friends! We love you!

Kim said...

What a precious looking Christmas!I'm excited for Emmy's Ramona books. Those are fond books in my memory. G loved them too.

Kara said...

So, so beautiful. The pose of you on the bed reading a story is breath-taking. I think of you often, I know the holidays can be difficult away from family but I'm glad yours was precious...so sorry about your plate, I understand that pain! Love you guys!

Christy said...

Oh my, how wonderful! I second Kara's comment about the Christmas Story picture.