You open these up to some wonderfully whimsical poetry; I'll share a bit: (spelling corrected for ease of understanding)
Mommy Queen: My mommy is a mommy queen and her baby is very hard to wean. She has a cloak and royal crown, and a twisty, twirly gown. She is nice and seeks the treasure of her last name being Meeks. Oh, my mommy is a mommy queen and her baby is very hard to wean.
My Mother Was a Mouse: My mother was a mouse and she lived in my house and she didn't wear a blouse, so there. Oh, my mother was a mouse and she lived in my house and she didn't wear a blouse, so there.
Marvelous Moms: Marvelous moms, marvelous moms, marvelous moms bazaar! Like a kitten and her mother, a kid never goes far. Oh, marvelous moms, marvelous moms, marvelous moms bazaar!
______________________________________________
Here are a few other pictures from recent days:
This boy has a big imagination. He is often 'in character' (and frequently in costume), whatever that character may be, and he's usually battling bad guys. He has his 'get the bad guys' scowl down to a science. He recently came to me in the midst of a church service and whispered, with great graveness, "Mommy, sometimes when I'm sitting, I get a ninja feeling." That's one of my favorite quotes ever.This is a wonderful age with him; they've all been delightful, really (full disclosure- he can really turn on the jets and throw a fit- we affectionately call him 'foghorn' when he's in this mode, but he's truly quite mild mannered in general.) He is the sidekick of my days now, with sister off to school and little brother taking LONG naps (hooray!), so we play, read, bake, do laundry, whatever the day holds, together. He's a sweet companion. A really neat mix of warrior with a very tender heart, as reflected in his most recent list of things he wants to be when he grows up: jedi ninja, worker, artist and pilot.
Emmy has at long last fulfilled a dream and is taking a beginning ballet class after school. She seems in many ways a natural ballerina with her long limbs, toe walking, and generally flitting and prancing through life. She's really enjoyed it thus far, and perhaps it will be something she wants to pursue- we shall see...


At any rate, she certainly is a lovely ballerina, in my completely objective opinion.
Have I mentioned that I love having a cat? Happiness is a warm furry kitty belly.And in the wider world outside our four walls...
This is a dinner out at our recent team retreat at the beach. Thailand specializes in outdoor restaurants; they might constitute the majority, in fact. This one was just at the edge of the ocean. Asa played in the sand the entire time he wasn't eating and Ju suffered serious 'sand in eyes' issues during the evening...but the seafood was great!
This is our friend Tang holding a wacky magnetized sea creature...a little girl was selling a tray full of them at the restaurant, for 35 baht each. That's her fiancee beside her, and they're getting married next month; lots of excitement around here about that!And a couple of our smallest guy, at the park on Saturday...20 months and counting, and he's a little firestorm, really bringing us lots of smiles these days.


9 comments:
Oh my -- LOVE the scowl. Asa certainly has it perfected.
Emmy is the sweetest and loveliest ballerina.
And Julian is getting SO big!!!
Oh, my word! Emmy is quite the poet. I especially like the first one. Truly impressive!! The letter I wrote you has disappeared. It is either in the mail and I forgot I stuck it in, or June has deposited it somewhere in our house. I really, really hope it is in the mail!!
I LOVE this post! Those books are pretty much the best thing ever (My Mommy Was A Mouse being my favorite, if I had to pick. I also love the abbreviated "written" and "illustrated." Are you often topless as you go through your days in Bangkok? One has to wonder ....)
Asa's ninja quote is also bringing delight to my heart.
Emmy looks like ballet perfection - so beautiful and sweet and graceful!
And Julian is such a big boy! Glad for the huge grins and long naps.
So many laughs in this post! Love it all. Seems like sweet times!
Love all those kiddos of yours!
My goodness if Julian isn't a Mills!
I love all the imagination coming out of Emmy! What wonderful keepsakes!
Your family is growing and changing so fast!
And Happy Birthday!
love, Helen H
I love Emmy's poems. That is precious. The illustrations are beautiful too.
You have the CUTEST kids on the planet. And so very articulate! That Emmy is quite the poet! I love My Mommy is a Mouse...too funny...so there...
I can't wait until Ryano gets home so that I can tell him Asa's new line. He will laugh pretty hard.
And Will and I were sitting here looking at pictures and he smiled so much at Julian. He even said JUJU!
They are bound to be buds one day.
Love you friend.
Post a Comment