Tim had a big adventure last weekend, taking the overnight bus (12 hours, with a midnight stop for noodles) to Chiang Rai in northern Thailand. Our friend Pat (who is also training to be the future pastor of our church) is from an Akha tribe there, and he invited Tim along to the engagement ceremony of his sister. Tim and the groom-to-be (above, with his bride) are buddies, so it was really a treat for him to get to be a part of things. Here are some scenes from the weekend of colorful celebration...







Beautiful. Meanwhile, back at home, we had two fevers (E&A), a broken tooth (me), and a kitchen faucet that completely broke off, resulting in my rinsing the abundant piles of dishes with one hand while I attempted to hold the spewing faucet together with the other. Good times!



7 comments:
Oh, Rhianna! Why does it always seem to be that all the craziness waits to happen until hubbie is gone? Wish I could have been there to hold the faucet for you!
That looks like an adventure! Sorry about the tooth and faucet. Classic hubby out of town. Hope the feverish ones recouped well.
Oh my goodness ... National Geographic from beginning to end! Amazing pictures. But I really want some footage of you doing the one-handed rinse. And with feverish ones at your ankles, no less!
If Gillian and I had BOTH been there, she would have held the faucet and I would have run around dosing Tylenol. Why does Bangkok have to be so far away?
Those are beautiful photos - enjoyed them all!
Oh heavens, doesn't all that craziness make you thankful you are not a single mom? A broken tooth! How did that happen?? So sorry to hear about the chaos and I hope all faucet, tooth and fever issues have resolved.
Wish I could have been there, too...I'm sure I would have been able to fulfill some useful role. :) I agree with Christy, BKK needs to move closer!
what beautiful pictures and amazing adventures there are to be had in asia! i'm not sure which i would have rather had, an overnight bus ride (i super hate those) or a faucet spirting at me : ) sounds like you are super talented to be able to still have some semblance of dish washing done.
jenn b.
p.s. i love reading your blog.
Gorgeous photos! Tim, Darryl has the same hat as you :). What a colorful experience you both had. I'm wondering how Julian is doing these days?
Post a Comment