Thursday, January 07, 2010

A New Year


A Year in Numerical Review:

- 11 pounds plus of baby born one year ago today
- 1 happy mommy to hold said baby on outside rather than inside
- 2.5 months to enjoy family and friends in GA
- more incredible post baby meals than I can count!
- 1 LONG trip across the world, with some adventurous stops on the way
- 1 trip up the Eiffel Tower
- 1 homecoming in Bangkok
- 1 horrible rash begins
- TOO many doctor visits!
- 0 dairy products for Mommy
- 1 hospital stay when Mommy had mastitis
- 1 persistent cheek rash
- 5 teeth
- 1 dimple
- 3 words- peekaboo, uh-oh and Dad-DY!
- 1 crazy crawl that just recently brought on mobility:



"What is that, Mommy?"

Eyes on the prize

Enjoying a birthday spaghetti dinner

Fun on the beach- much sand was consumed!

Loving the ocean

Our first pacifier baby- when he sleeps- I've always been paci-phobic, but he took to it strongly and there was no turning back! I'll admit it has had both advantages and drawbacks.

Julian's first year has shown me clearly, if there was ever any doubt, that I do NOT have this mommy thing figured out. He's kept me guessing, kept me praying, kept me humble, kept me awake, kept me laughing, made me trust God in new ways, and given us all so much joy that we can't imagine our lives without him.


Happy birthday baby boy. We love you endlessly.

7 comments:

Christi said...

Happy birthday, Julian!

Kim said...

I love this post! I love that you captured all the ups and downs and how God was good in all of it. I hope you were able to celebrate this little guy to the fullest.

Crystal said...

Can't believe it's been a year! He is so precious and looks full of life and fun. I agree with Kim, I liked how you captured the year. Love you sister and continue to miss you...

Christy said...

Fabulous post! Love the year in numbers. And I just adore his crawl - so very creative and entertaining, and it works! Glad he took the bait so we could all admire his skills.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'd forgotten what a big baby he was! What a great way to share his first year. Happy Birthday Julian!

Brea said...

God has indeed been faithful to you through a year that has called for lots of perseverance!

I love the bottom crawl! It gets the job done! I believe he's thinking about putting that knee underneath...glad you got it on video!

What a precious and wonderful creation that little one is! Today I was enjoying Nate and thinking about what a great age 1 is, and how I want to really savor it. They are just coming into their little personalities, but aren't too independent yet! :) Savor that sweet boy, and give him a kiss from Aunt Brea!

LaNell said...

Yeah Julian! Way to go Rhi for making it with such a great outlook. Oh my he's so very cute! I wish he and Will could scoot around together. I love Julian's smile. It is definitely contagious! The picture of you two together is a framer for sure.
Oh and congratulations on 11 years. Hard to believe it's been that long since we donned those long, luxurious blue gloves. Seems like just yesterday that you too froze to death leaving the reception with your mink shawl?
Let's skype soon.
LaNell