Thursday, September 04, 2008

Birthday Boy

Our baby just turned two. Which is just unbelievable when I consider that it was such a very short time ago that he came to us...in Bangkok...so BIG and beautiful. He has been a joy every single day and I did not know the depth of love of a mama for her boy! We celebrated with a party with family and friends around us, which was such a luxury after being far away from so many we love for quite some time. Now if only we could bring those we love in Thailand here, all would be just right...

The birthday boy's fascination with trucks inspired our theme, and the cake was a long and involved project involving lots of little pieces of cake being glued together and a great deal of improvisation. But he was very happy with it, as you can see in his delighted little countenance in this video...(and I love the way his sister keeps coming in for kisses)...




The little boys celebrating together. As long as everyone kept his hands off Asa's new bat, all was well. Let's just say that all of the pictures were not this harmonious!

Daddy made some fun coloring sheets...

This gift from Papa Jeff was a big "hit"...he didn't let the bat and ball out of his sight (or grasp) all day. It's such fun to see your boy enjoying being a boy!



And Mommy loved having her friends there to celebrate, too- we all had little boys at the same time, which is such fun! I LOVE being with these girls.


We spent the actual birthday day out and about in Atlanta- here Sister enjoys the playground at Centennial Olympic Park...


Then we headed to the Varsity to introduce them to an Atlanta tradition. The hot dogs and frosted orange went over tremendously well.


Happy Birthday, sweet boy! We love you tremendously!

7 comments:

Kim said...

So sweet and I know this must have been a balm to your heart to have the celebration with those you love. I can't believe he is 2!

Brea said...

We loved celebrating with you!

keri said...

happy birthday to your big 2 year old! he is so cute with his bat and ball! it seems like 2 years flew by!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! How cute! Happy Birthday Asa!
2 already huh? Time does fly by but how fun to know that you were aboe to be here and celebrate with the people you love and that love you guys!
See you soon!

Christy said...

I LOVE the picture of him in the Varsity hat. Ahhh, so cute!

Melanie said...

Miss you lots but so glad you're celebrating with your girls! I'm sitting here after church, with Faa coloring beside me. She wanted to know where Asa was. :) Happy birthdays!

Peamama said...

I love seeing pics of your children. And what a cake! Way to go, Momma. His incredulous face made it all worth it, huh? Hope you are getting to enjoy all the fantastic parks in Atlanta and some good time with old friends. I so wish we were close and could be there to hang out with you guys. Love you!! Gill