Thursday, February 07, 2008

Southern Belle

Language school is officially over. Although I enjoyed it, it was hard, and I am glad we can get back to some normalcy in terms of routine. In honor of completing this module, I'm going to share my favorite story from the past weeks. One day, I was sitting in class during a break. A Japanese man sits beside me, and he said (in Thai), "Khun Rhianna, I have heard that in the southern part of America women are called 'southern belles'." I told him that was sometimes true. He then said, "I think that you are a southern belle." In a classroom in Bangkok, being called a southern belle by a Japanese man. Of course, I was thrilled:).

2 comments:

Kim said...

I do declare!

Christy said...

I hope you went straight home and made yourself a poofy dress out of those orangey-pink curtains.