Thursday, November 30, 2006

Giving Thanks

A week later...better late than never...

All in all, we had a good first Thanksgiving far from home. Tim had language school as usual, and the dinner we had planned for our neighbors had to be postponed, so there was not much special in the day and I found myself with a case of the blues Thanksgiving morning. I pulled myself together, secured the appropriate items and helped Emmy make her thankful tree, shown here. It was a blessing to me to hear her name the people and things for which she is thankful, and to hear both loved ones from home and friends and neighbors here named.

We opted to head downtown for Thanksgiving dinner. There's an American-owned restaurant there called "Bourbon Street" that puts out quite a feast for lonely Americans far from home on Thanksgiving (and makes them pay dearly for it!). They had every imagineable Thanksgiving delight, and we ate delicious tastes of home to our heart's content. We let Emmy loose and she had two pieces of pumpkin pie, one piece of apple pie, and ice cream. In this picture she looks like she may be experiencing the after-effects of pie overload!

Although he did not partake directly of the culinary delights, Asa nonetheless enjoyed his first Thanksgiving.

Emmy with her cheeks full of pie and ice cream. She ate enough for both of them!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Rhianna,
I love the thankful tree you all made...how cute and fun. I also love the pic of Emmy filling up on pie!